Few days ago I had to make a recipe with vermicelli. And I wanted something different. Then suddenly this idea came to my mind and the result was just amazing.
To make this tomato garlic
This tomato garlic vermicelli is a wholesome meal in itself. Serve this as a breakfast or pack in kids lunchbox and everyone will love this.
Few similar recipes you may also like
Tomato Garlic Sevai | Tomato Garlic Vermicelli Recipe
INGREDIENTS ( 1 CUP = 250 ML )
- 1 cup whole wheat vermicelli
- 2 tbsp olive oil or other
- 1 tsp oregano
- 5 tomatoes, medium size
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1/3 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/3 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian mixed herb
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp water
For making the tomato puree
- Heat sufficient water in a pan by adding tomatoes and the water to boil until you see some cracks over the tomatoes.
- Pour off the water and cover them again with cold water. Peel off the skin and blend until smooth.
For preparing vermicelli
- Skip this step if you are using the roasted vermicelli. Heat a tsp oil in a pan. Add vermicelli. Saute continuously over a low flame until the vermicelli turns golden.
- Once done transfer to a plate or bowl to stop the cooking process and set aside.
- Heat sufficient water in a pan by adding salt. Once water starts to boil, add roasted vermicelli. The water has to be slightly salty.
- Let it cook until vermicelli is done. Make sure the vermicelli should not be overcooked.
- Drain the vermicelli and set aside.
For making Garlic Tomato Vermicelli
- Heat oil in a pan. Add oregano and chopped garlic saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion. Saute until onion slightly changes its color.
- Once done add tomato puree followed by salt, sugar, red chilli powder and black pepper powder. Stir to mix.
- Cover and cook until tomatoes leave oil.
- Add 1-2 tbsp water and stir well.
- Add the vermicelli. Carefully stir to mix and let it cook for a minute.
- Finally, add red chilli flakes and Italian mixed herb and mix well.
- Tomato garlic sevai is ready to serve. Serve hot.
This recipe is contributed to the FB group Healthy Wealthy Cuisines for the theme Vermicelli. Below are the contributions of other members.