Beetroot and Cashew nut Raita is a yet another very simple, delectable recipe. A quick, healthy, lightly spiced side dish. It can also be enjoyed as a
This chilled refreshing beet raita combining with cashew nuts accompanies very well with almost every Indian meal. Especially with biryani, pulao or any flavored rice. It can also be paired with any paratha
Beetroots popularly known as beets are an excellent source of nutrients. Such as dietary fiber, vitamin C, magnesium and folate. In fact, they contain numerous health benefits. Hence it is always advisable to incorporate this superfood into our regular diet. Atleast every once in a while we can eat it.
Now coming back to the beetroot and cashew nut raita to make this you need very few ingredients. The beetroot lends a unique sweet flavor and taste to the raita. This raita is sure to make your family and friends impressed.
You can also serve this beetroot raita with
Beetroot and Cashew Nut Raita
INGREDIENTS ( 1 CUP = 250 ML )
- 1 cup thick curd fresh and chilled
- 3 tbsp beetroot paste
- 3 tbsp chopped cashew nuts
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp rock salt/black salt
- 1 tsp dry mint leaves crushed
- Dry roast the cumin seeds on a tawa or griddle over low to medium flame until the cumin seeds start spluttering. Transfer to a plate. Let it cool down. Then grind it to a powder.
- Beat the curd well in a bowl.
- Add beetroot paste followed by chopped cashew nuts, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, black salt, and dry crushed mint leaves. Mix everything well.
- Garnish with some chopped cashew nuts, cumin powder, and red chili powder.
- Then serve the beetroot cashew nut raita with any flavored rice or paratha.
Previously I have posted another raita recipe in this blog. If you wish you may also check that.