Bael juice recipe aka wood apple juice is a healthy drink prepared by extracting the pulp of the bael fruits. It is also considered to be the best summer drink for its amazing cooling properties.
Bael is popularly known as Bengal quince, golden apple, stone apple or wood apple is a summer favorite in India. The tree is considered to be sacred in the Hindu religion and is often found on most of the temples. The plant also holds a great place in the ancient medicinal system. The fruit has a hard outer layer and the soft, sweet pulp within. The ripe fruits can be eaten after strained the juice and sweetened to make a drink. The fruit has a cooling effect on the stomach and is very good for people suffering from chronic acidity and constipation.
The bael juice recipe can be made with only 3 ingredients. Such as bael fruit, sugar, and water. But here I have added a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg powder to get the extra flavor. Which is totally optional. You can even add jaggery and crushed black pepper to this. However, slight variation can be made depending on individual preference. So let’s get into the recipe.
Recommended Tools (affiliate links)
Drinking Glass Set
Few more summer drinks you can check
Bael Juice Recipe | Wood Apple Juice
INGREDIENTS ( 1 CUP = 250 ML )
- 1 ripe bael fruit medium size
- sugar or jaggery as required
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder optional
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder optional
- chilled water as required
- Break open the bael fruit with a stone or hard object and by using a spoon scoop out all its pulp into a large container.
- Press the pulp hard and squeeze out all its juice. Add little water to make the process easier. Discard all the seeds and fibers.
- Now strain it and add the require amount of sugar and chilled water. Mix it until sugar melts.
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg powder and serve.