Layered fruit and nut raita | Fruit and nut raita is a delectable combination of mixed dry fruits, nuts, some fresh fruits, and thick curd. A simple and healthy recipe can be made within minutes. Perfect to be enjoyed as a side dish with biryani and pulao. It can also be a great snack whenever you have a craving for some guilt-free dessert.
This layered fruit and nut raita is a beautiful blend of a lot of flavors and taste. The aroma comes from crushed dry mint leaves and freshly roasted cumin powder, the crunch from the nuts, sweetness from the honey, heat from red chili powder and the saltiness from black sat. Adjust the salt, sweetness, and heat as per your taste buds.
The best part is it not only looks appealing to eyes but also tastes equally delicious and healthy.
This lip-smacking layered fruit and nut raita can also be served on parties, and family functions.
Layered Fruit and Nut Raita | Fruit and Nut Raita
INGREDIENTS ( 1 CUP = 250 ML )
- 400 g fresh curd
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp dry crushed mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp freshly roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1 medium size apple chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
For Dry Fruits and Nuts
- 20 raisins
- 4-5 dates
- 7-8 cashew nuts
- 6-7 walnuts
- 6-7 almonds
Preparation for raita
- Put the curd in a strainer and leave it for 15 minutes. Once the water separates from the curd, transfer the thick curd to a mixing bowl.
- Add honey to the curd and beat well.
- Chop all the dates and nuts and set aside except those for garnishing.
- In a glass serving bowl put a layer of fruits followed by a layer of dry fruits with nuts and a layer of thick beaten curd.
- Sprinkle some black salt followed by roasted cumin powder, red chili powder and crushed dry mint leaves.
- Again add another layer of fruits followed by a layer of dry fruits and nuts.
- Add a layer of beaten curd topped with some pomegranate seeds, raisins, and whole nuts.
- Finally sprinkle some black salt followed by roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, and crushed dry mint leaves.
- Serve chilled or as it is.
Zarda Pulao by Vanitha Bhat
Nutty Frutti Cookies by Rosy Nayak
5 Minute Pavlova Parfait with Yogurt Cream and Dry Fruits by Seema Doraiswami Sriram