How to make chicken boti kabab : Chicken boti kabab is a popular starter among chicken lovers. An easy and super delicious recipe. It can be baked, barbecue or even grilled. Here I am doing this on the stove top. This recipe followed two things mainly marinating the chicken and grilling on a hot pan. These kababs are tender, juicy infused with all the spices and smokey flavored.
How to make Chicken Boti Kabab
To make this recipe all you need is some boneless chicken and the rest of the ingredients are easily available in any kitchen pantry. The chicken cubes have to be marinated with some thick curd combined with a few other Indian spices and then rest for a few hours before grilling.
For thick curd just put the curd in a strainer and leave it for 10 minutes and use that. Here the addition of nutmeg powder lends a beautiful aroma to the dish. The garam masala used here is freshly made at home. Though you can use whatever is available with you or if you like you can check my garam masala recipe.
These chicken boti kababs can be enjoyed by all age groups alike as it is not that spicy and made without adding butter or ghee. Add more chili powder if you want your kababs to be very spicy. You can even use butter or ghee if you like.
Here I will like to mention that this is a requested recipe by an old friend of my hometown. So here is the recipe Bapi 🙂
- 500 grams boneless chicken cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup thick curd(non-watery)
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon homemade garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon gram flour/besan
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1-2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder(non-spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5-6 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala
- Wash the chicken well and drain excess water. Just make sure no extra water left and set it aside.
- Now in a bowl take thick curd and mix together all the ingredients written under marinade and beat well.
- Now add the chicken cubes and give it a good mix with your hand. The marinade should be incorporated with the chicken well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add gram flour and saute over a medium flame for 1-2 minutes or until you get a nice aroma. Then pour that over the chicken.
- Combine well. Cover and set it aside for an hour if you want to make it instantly. If you have time then leave it in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight and cook it later.
- If using wooden skewers, then soak the skewer in water for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Now thread the chicken cubes on skewers and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan over a high flame and wait for 5-6 minutes until the pan gets very hot.
- Add a tablespoon of oil. Simmer the flame and place 2 to 3 chicken skewers.
- Let it cook it for 3-4 minutes or until brown spots appear.
- Now change the sides. Sprinkle a little more oil. Cover and cook for 3 minutes more or until brown spots appear.
- Transfer the boti kababs to a bowl. Repeat the same process until all done.
- Now place charcoal on fire until it turns red. Once done place an aluminum foil in between kababs. Put the hot charcoal inside that foil. Add a few drops of oil and cover for a minute.
- Then remove the charcoal. The chicken boti kabab is ready to serve.
- Serve hot by adding some chat masala.