Sweet corn chaat is a quick, healthy and nutritious snack, loved by people of all groups. Chats are always crowd pleasures. But I prefer to make these at home instead of buying from the street side stalls. As we all are very much aware of the unhealthy factor attached to it. Aren’t we?
This appetizing recipe is prepared mainly with the goodness of sweet corn kernels, and a melange of some other spices. It can be eaten as an evening snack or an after-school snack. It can also be served on occasions like gettogether or picnic. To enhance the taste sev can be used but it is totally optional.
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- A pinch of turmeric powder (optional)
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped tomato, medium size
- 1 finely chopped green chili
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon black salt/ kala namak
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- Some sev for garnishing (optional)
- Boil the sweet corn kernels in a pressure cooker by adding salt and a pinch of turmeric powder and water for 2 whistles over high to medium flame. Let the pressure release on its own.
- Strain the water and transfer the boiled corns into a large bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients and mix well. Sweet corn chaat is ready to serve. Serve at once.