Pomfret fry is one of the easiest and tastiest fish recipe, relished by seafood lovers. It does not take much time to prepare. Thus It can be prepared in a jiffy. All you need is some pomfret fish and the other ingredients are easily available in any kitchen. You can even marinate the fish in advance and just fry before serving. A perfect assortment of spices is the key for a luscious fish fry. This is a shallow fried not so spicy recipe. But if you love spicy, you can add more kashmiri red chili powder or can use normal chili powder instead. serve this as a snack with some sliced onion rings or salad or green chutney and this dish will be cherished by all age groups. So let us see how to make pomfret fish fry.
Some more fish recipes you may like
- 2 medium size pomfret fish
- 4 tablespoons oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons rawa (semolina or suji)
- 2 tablespoons gram flour (besan)
Masala for marination
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Clean the fish. Drain excess water.
- Make incisions on both the sides of the fish with a knife.
- Combine ginger-garlic paste, lime juice, turmeric powder, kashmiri red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and salt together in a bowl. Mix well with your hand.
- Rub the masala paste on both sides of the fish. Cover a lid and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Mix the rawa and gram flour together in a plate.
- Add the marinated pomfrets to the rawa gram flour mixture. Coat both the sides well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Once the oil becomes hot enough, place the pomfrets one by one into the hot oil.
- Shallow fry over medium flame until both the sides evenly cooked and become golden and crisp.
- Once done, transfer them to a kitchen towel to remove extra oil.
- Serve hot with some sliced onion rings or salad.
“Spoons Of Flavor”