Peanut ladoo / peanut ladoo with jaggery recipe is prepared mainly with roasted peanuts powder and jaggery. The easy and healthy form of snack to make at home. A quick energy booster for everyone and a good recipe for kids lunch box. Peanuts are an excellent source of plant-based protein. The best thing is these are easily available around the year in India and are cheap in comparison to the other nuts. Though peanuts are not nuts. They are legumes. But as they contain all the properties of nuts, so these are included in the family of nuts. If you are making these for kids you can add ghee or clarified butter and also you can add some mixed nuts powder too. A slight variation can be made to enhance the flavor. But it is completely optional. So let’s make the recipe.
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 1/2 cup grated jaggery
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons mixed nuts powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ghee (optional)
- Dry roast the peanuts over low to medium flame until well roasted. It will take around 8-10 minutes. Stir continuously.
- Once done, transfer the peanuts to a separate plate to stop the roasting process and let them cool down.
- Remove the skin by pressing with your palms.
- Then blend the peanuts into a powder and transfer to a bowl.
- Add grated jaggery, cardamom powder, mixed nuts powder, and ghee. Mix everything together with your hand and make a dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and give them the shape of ladoos.
- Ladoos are ready to serve. Store these in an airtight container.