Paneer bhurji recipe is prepared with crumbled paneer/cottage cheese, tomato, onion and a melange of some other spices. A simple yet delicious recipe. Can be served as a side dish paired with bread, roti, naan or paratha. You can even pack it for your kid’s lunch box.
Paneer is the powerhouse of protein. So it can be a healthy and wholesome breakfast for weight watchers. Apart from these, It can also be used as a stuffing to make other dishes. The paneer I have used in this paneer bhurji recipe is freshly homemade and made with low-fat milk. You can use whatever available with you. So let’s prepare it.
- 200 grams paneer/cottage cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kasuri methi
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil becomes hot enough add finely chopped onion. Saute for 1-2 minutes over medium flame or until onion softens.
- Add ginger-garlic paste. Saute for 1 -2 minutes or until the raw smell goes.
- Add turmeric and red chili powder. Stir well.
- Add chopped tomatoes, followed by salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the tomatoes become mushy.
- Add chopped green chili, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and kasuri methi. Saute for a minute.
- Add crumbled paneer. Stir well. Let it cooks for 1-2 minutes.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Remove from flame and the paneer bhurji recipe is ready to serve. Serve hot.