Coconut Ladoo is a popular Indian sweet generally prepared in festive occasions as prasad/offering. It can be served as a dessert too.
This delightful, melt-in-mouth coconut ladoo has always been my favorite since childhood. Though there are many variations of this recipe. But every version is enjoyed and lavished by people of all age groups.
To make this coconut ladoo here I have used fresh coconut, milk, sugar and flavored with green cardamom. Wherein I have broken the coconut, peeled the hard brown layer and then ground finely. This process is slightly longer but the taste is worth a try. However, you can skip this step and use desiccated coconut too.
You may also like these
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Heat a non-stick pan. Add milk and coconut together and mix well. Cook it over medium heat for a minute.
- Now add sugar and stir continuously over a low to medium flame until the liquid evaporates and the mixture turns crumbly.
- Then turn off the flame and let the mixture slightly cool down.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- With your hand prepare small balls to form the ladoos.
- The coconut ladoos are ready to serve. Just keep these in an airtight container and you can easily store them for 6-7 days in a refrigerator.