Arbi Tikki is a scrumptious snack made with arbi/colocasia/taro root. A healthy, vegan and gluten free snack. This plant is a native to India and Southeast Asia and is considered to be extremely healthy. Arbi is a fibrous rich food. Which improves digestive health, helps to cure constipation, reduces the risk of diabetes and improves vision. It has been incorporated in many dishes for its nuttier flavor. These tikkis are ideal for any gettogether, party or function. You can skip garlic if you are planning to prepare these for any festivals. Serve these with some green chutney or tomato ketchup and they will sure to be relished by all groups of people alike. The arbis must be preboiled and left in the refrigerator atleast 5-6 hours. As it prevents them to get gooey or sticky.
- 200 grams preboiled, chilled arbi/colocasia
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger-garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped cashew nut (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- Oil for shallow frying
- Peel the arbis and mash with your hand by adding all of the above ingredients together except oil.
- Spread few drops of oil on your palm and take a small portion from the mixture. Give it a tikki shape.
- Heat oil in a skillet or nonstick tawa and shallow fry all tikkis from both the sides until crisp golden brown or some brown patches appear.
- Arbi tikkis are ready to serve. Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
“Spoons Of Flavor”