Schezwan fried rice is an easy and delicious recipe. Which is mildly spicy. Schezwan sauce is the main ingredient in this dish. You can easily make the Schezwan sauce recipe at home or else you can use a readymade one. It generally tastes great when it is cooked with cold leftover rice. In case you do not have that you can cook the rice in advance. Then cool it down and refrigerate for an hour. Here I have served this with Egg Manchurian. It can be accompanied by any Indo-Chinese side dish of your choice.
- 1 cup any premium quality leftover rice
- 1 tablespoon Schezwan sauce recipe
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped capsicum
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped French beans
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Once the oil turns, add chopped onion. Stir for a minute on high flame. Then add all chopped veggies. Now stir for 3-4 minutes more on high flame or until the veggies half cooked. As it will give the dish a smoky flavor.
- Add schezwan sauce, soy sauce, freshly crushed black pepper and salt. Stir for a minute or so.
- Now add rice. Frequently stir and toss for 2 minutes on high flame.
- The Schezwan fried rice is ready to serve. Serve hot.
“Spoons Of Flavor”