Are you bored of eating the same egg curry? Then you need to try this super delicious egg manchurian. A unique egg recipe followed by steaming, frying and then sauteing with some spices and sauces. Just adjust the water quantity to make it slightly thick or thin as per your requirement. It goes best with fried rice or it can also be paired with roti, paratha or naan depending upon your choice.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon refined flour/maida
- 2 tablespoons water
For stir fry
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 capsicum cut into cubes, medium size
- 1 onion cut into cubes, medium size
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 sliced green chili
- 1 tablespoon cornflour+2 tablespoons water ( for slurry)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon red chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Whisk the eggs well by adding salt and freshly crushed black pepper.
- Take another bowl. Add a teaspoon of oil and brush the oil all over inside. Then pour the egg mixture into the bowl. Cover and cook it in steam for 10 to 15 minutes. To steam, you can use a steamer or idly maker or pressure cooker whatever suits you.
- Make a batter by mixing together cornflour, refined flour, and water. Mix well and set it aside.
- Remove from flame. Let it cool down.
- Cut it into the shape of cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Coat one by one egg cubes in the batter. Then slowly add them to the hot oil. In medium flame fry them untill each side becomes slightly golden brown. They cook very fast. So I recommend frying 3-4 at a time but not much.
- Now take them out on a kitchen papper to remove excess oil.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add chopped ginger and garlic. Saute for some seconds.
- Add onion and capsicum cubes, followed by sliced green chilies. Saute in high flame for 2 minutes. Add salt and saute for 1 minute more.
- Add 3 tablespoons water. Cover and cook for 1 minute more.
- In the meanwhile mix together all the sauces in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together the cornflour and water to make a smooth slurry.
- Simmer the flame. Add the slurry followed by sauces mixture. Stir well.
- Add the fried egg cubes and really mix well.
- Remove from flame and serve hot.