Chicken skewer made with coconut milk is a quick and absolutely delicious appetizer for chicken lovers. Can be made within minutes and tastes so good…. nothing can beat this. If you are in a hurry and want something really yummy with minimum labor, then this recipe is just for you 🙂 You just need some coconut milk and the other ingredients needed are very common. Generally available in any kitchen. I have used fresh coconut milk. But you can use canned coconut milk if you prefer.
- 500 grams chicken breast
- 4-5 tablespoons oil for cooking
- 1/4 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Slice the chicken breast into layers. Cut the layers into strips.
- Take the chicken strips in the mixing bowl. Add all of the above ingredients written under marinade.
- Give it a good mix. Cover and refrigerate for 1/2 an hour.
- While the chicken is marinating, soak the skewer sticks in water.
- Thread the chicken strips onto the skewer one by one.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Add a tablespoon of oil.
- Place the skewers on the hot pan. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Cook on medium heat, for 10 to 15 minutes or until they turn slightly golden brown. Turn them in between to cook each side.
- Serve them hot with some sliced onion rings.