Authentic chicken curry with potato – It is a regular Indian style chicken curry. Generally, it serves with piping hot rice or roti. The gravy in this recipe is slightly soupy and is absolutely delicious. I make this very often. So this time thought to share with my readers 🙂
You may also like these
- Homemade chicken tikka
- Crispy chicken pakora
- Chilli chicken
- Chicken chapli kabab
- Coconut chicken skewers
- 500 grams chicken with bone
- 5-6 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 potatoes cut into 4 cubes (medium size)
- 1 grated onion (big size)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 grated tomato(medium size)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Kasuri methi
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- A pinch of garam masala powder
Make a paste
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- 1-inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 2 green cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (approx. 1-2 inch)
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough add potato cubes. Fry them on medium to high heat till they become slightly golden and remove from heat.
- In the same oil add bay leaf and grated onion. Saute on medium heat till golden brown.
- Add the turmeric and red chili powder. Stir well.
- Then add masala paste. Saute on medium heat till the masala leaves oil.
- Add grated tomatoes and salt. Fry until the tomatoes become mushy.
- Add kasuri methi. Fry for some seconds.
- Sprinkle some (1-2 tablespoons) water and saute until the oil separates.
- Then add chicken and stir-fry over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add fried potato cubes and the hot water. Stir well. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked.
- Finally, add a pinch of garam masala and chopped coriander leaves. Cover the lid and switch off the flame. leave it for 10 minutes.
- Authentic chicken curry with potato is ready to serve.
“Spoons Of Flavor”