Spinach with pumpkin and potato/Palak, kaddu aur aloo ki sabzi is a simple vegetarian side dish prepared mainly with pumpkin, spinach, and potato. A regular recipe at my place especially in winter season. Everybody loves this. People who are not a big fan of spinach even they love this. The combination of spinach and pumpkin not only is eye soothing but also nutritional and delicious. It generally serves as a side dish which goes well with rice, roti or paratha. Ingredients for this recipe are mentioned below.
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
- 1 cup pumpkin cubes
- 1/2 cup potato cubes
- 1 onion finely chopped onion
- 5-6 finely chopped garlic
- 1 dry broken red chili
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon panch phodan
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat mustard oil in a pan/kadhai. Add panch phodan and broken dry red chili. Stir for some seconds.
- Add chopped onion followed by chopped garlic. Stir for a minute or two or stir until the onion slightly changes its color. Add potato and pumpkin fry for a minute. Add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. Cover the lid and cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add chopped spinach. Remember to wash the spinach leaves properly before chopping and Squeeze them with your hand before adding.
- Stir well. Then cover and cook until the veggies done. Not to overcook or else it will become mushy.
- Lastly, cook uncovered for a minute on high flame to dry out excess water.
- It is ready to serve.