Dahi chiwda with fruits and nuts is a Makar Sankranti special recipe of Odisha. A Hindu festival in reference to deity Surya celebrated in India in various names. Such as Lohri, Pongal and Bihu. This one is a very versatile recipe. You can add any fruits or nuts of your choice to this. This healthy, delicious chiwda/poha/flattened rice recipe can be served as breakfast too. If you do not want to use jaggery you can add honey too. Here I have used holy basil leaves. You can skip this. But try this way, you will love it.
You may also like these
- Coconut ladoo recipe
- Bengali Nolen Gurer Payesh Recipe
- Fruits and nuts dahi chiwda recipe
- Rabri malpua with jaggery recipe
- 1 cup Chiwda/flattened rice
- 1 cup curd
- 1 banana cut in slices
- 1/2 apple cut in small pieces
- 5 almonds
- 6-7 raisins
- 1-2 cardamom
- 2 tablespoons grated jaggery
- 3-4 holy basil leaves (optional)
- Wash the flattened rice properly. Then soak them in water for 2-3 minutes. Then drain excess water.
- Beat the curd well. At this point you can add grated jaggery or honey. Or you can add later.
- Ground the almond coarsely.
- Ground the cardamom to a powder.
- In a bowl add all of the ingredients together and mix well.
- Its ready to serve.