Chicken seekh kebab is a delight for the non–vegetarian. Seekh kebabs are made with a spicy, flavorful minced mixture. It’s a very easy and delicious recipe. It can be grilled over a bbq or baked in the oven or pan-fried on the stove top. Normally it serves as a starter with salad and raita or . This is made from minced chicken mixed with some aromatic herbs and spices molded onto the skewers. A skewer is a thin metal or wood stick used to hold pieces of food together. They are often used for kebab dishes.
- 1 cup minced chicken
- 1 tablespoon fried onion paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1/ 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger-garlic
- 1 chopped green chili
- 1 tablespoon roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cashew nut paste
- 1 teaspoon dried mango powder/amchur powder
- 1 tablespoon gram flour/Besan
- 1 egg above ingredients
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons ghee/clarified butter for basting while cooking
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl except ghee/clarified butter. Mix well with the help of your hand. Then cover and keep in the refrigerator for an hour.
- In the meanwhile put skewer sticks in water for half an hour to prevent the sticks to get burnt. If you are using the metal skewers then brush oil on them.
- Now divide the chicken mixture into small equal portions. Make sausage like shapes with the help of your hands and slowly press onto the skewer. Wet your hand slightly to prevent the mixture from sticking in your hand.
- Now grill them on a grilled pan or on a frying pan, by brushing a little bit of ghee/clarified butter. Brush ghee as needed while cooking to prevent drying.
- Chicken seekh kabab is ready to serve.