Aloo Gobi Recipe is a favorite of many. Gobi/Cauliflower comprises of several health-benefits antioxidants and vitamins and also low in fat and cholesterol. Suitable for every age group. Aloo gobi bhaji is a regular and very popular sabzi for Indian homes. It is such a dish you can have almost with anything. Cauliflower is in season now so I thought to share this delicious dish with my readers. It's a quick and simple recipe, with a very few ingredients. It is a no onion-garlic recipe. If you are making it for any Brat/fasting just replace the mustard oil with any cooking oil you want. Below are the ingredients required for this sabzi.
For more no onion-garlic recipe click here
1 medium size gobi/cauliflower
1 big size potato
1 teaspoon nigella seed/kalonji
2 slit green chilies
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi
4 tablespoons mustard oil
Salt to taste
- Cut the cauliflower and potato evenly into medium to small size pieces. Rinse the cauliflower florets well. Add them with hot water and turmeric and set aside for 10 minutes before cooking.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadhai. When the oil is hot enough add nigella seeds/kalonji and slit green chilies. Stir for some seconds. Add cauliflower florets and potatoes. Stir it on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add salt and turmeric powder/haldi. Stir well. Cover and cook on medium flame until the veggies 90% cooked. Remember not to overcook it.
- Now open the lid and cook it for 6-7 minutes on medium to high flame until slightly golden brown.
- It's ready to serve. Serve hot with rice or roti.