Chilli chicken is an Indo-Chinese recipe which is very popular across the globe. Generally, it
serves as an appetizer or a side dish with fried rice or noodles. It can be prepared in three ways gravy, semi-gravy and dry. In this dish, crispy fried chicken is tossed with some sauces and veggies.
Ajinomoto and food colors are often used by the restaurants for both taste and color, which I have not used here. Ingredients which are needed to make this succulent, juicy chicken recipe are mentioned below.
You may also like these
500 gms boneless chicken cut into small bite-size pieces
Oil for deep frying
For the batter
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
2 tablespoons cornflour
1 tablespoon refined flour/maida
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon refined oil
4 tablespoons water
salt to taste
For the sauce
1 green pepper diced
1 big onion diced
8-10 garlic finely chopped
1-inch ginger finely chopped
1 slit green chili
1 tablespoon cornflour mixed with 2 tablespoons of water
2 tablespoons refined oil
1 tablespoon soya sauce
1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Take the chicken pieces in a bowl. Add vinegar, salt, water, ginger-garlic paste, and oil. Now mix well and set aside for at least 2 hours.
- Now add the egg, cornflour, refined flour/maida, and coarsely ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Wait for the oil to completely hot. Now add chicken pieces one by one. Fry these in medium to high flame. Do not over fry or it will turn hard.
- Take a small bowl add soya sauce, chili garlic sauce, and sugar. Mix well.
- Heat oil in another pan. Add chopped garlic and chopped ginger. Fry for some seconds. Then add chopped spring onion, diced onion, slit green chili, and diced green bell pepper. Add salt. Remember not to add too much of salt as the sauces have salt in them.
- Fry for 2 minutes on high flame.Lower the flame and add the cornflour and water mixture. Stir for some seconds. Now add sauces mixture. Mix well and turn off the flame and wait for a minute. This step is needed just to maintain the crispiness of the chicken.
- Now add chicken pieces and coarse black pepper powder and mix well.
- Sprinkle some chopped green spring onion ends. Then serve hot.
You may also like these