Chicken kassa recipe is very popular in the Eastern states of India. Especially in Odisha and West Bengal. This is a semi-dry curry. Wherein, the chicken is cooked in a spicy thick gravy. It goes best with piping hot rice, roti, chapati or paratha.
Some more nonveg curries you may also like
- 500 gms of chicken with bone ( leg piece )
- 2 large onion chopped finely
- 1/2 medium size tomato grated
- 2 tablespoons of ginger-garlic paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kasuri methi ( dry fenugreek leaves )
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 slit green chili
- Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN KASSA RECIPE
- Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf and chopped onion. Stir it until onion becomes golden brown. Now add turmeric and chili powder and saute for some seconds. Mix in ginger-garlic paste and saute for about 2-3 minutes. Now add 2 tablespoons of water and stir it for another minute.
- Add grated tomato, slit green chili and salt; Cook till the oil separates. Now add garam masala powder, kasuri methi, cumin powder, and coriander powder; Mix well. Now add 2-3 tablespoons of water and cover the lid and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add chicken pieces; Saute for 2 min on medium heat.
- Then cover the lid. Cook the chicken on medium to low flame till it is cooked. Stir in between. If needed add 1-2 tablespoons of water in between. But not much.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander.
- Here is the most delicious chicken kassa recipe is ready to serve.