Chicken curry | Indian chicken curry is the basic chicken preparation of every Indian household. The total process used here is very common and can be easily followed by everyone. Here in this recipe, I have used my homemade Garam masala powder for the aromatic flavour. Ingredients which I have used are mentioned below.
- 500 gms chicken with bone
- 2 onion finely grated
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tbsp grated tomato ( 1/2 medium-size tomato)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 tbsp of mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf and grated onion. Saute till golden brown. Now add turmeric and chilli powder and saute for a second or two. Mix in ginger-garlic paste and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add grated tomato and salt; Cook till the oil separates. Now add garam masala powder, cumin powder, and coriander powder; Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces; Saute for 2 min over medium to low flame.
- Cover the lid and cook the chicken over medium to low flame till it is cooked. Stir in between.
- Serve hot garnishing with chopped coriander.