This chicken curry is the basic chicken preparation of every Indian household. Here in this recipe, I have used Garam masala powder for the aromatic flavor. Ingredients which I have used in this recipe are mentioned below.
- 500 gms chicken with bone
- 2 onion finely grated
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tbsp grated tomato ( 1/2 medium-size tomato)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 tbsp of mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf and grated onion. Saute till golden brown. Now add turmeric and chili powder and saute for a second or two. Mix in ginger-garlic paste and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add grated tomato and salt; Cook till the oil separates. Now add garam masala powder, cumin powder, and coriander powder; Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces; Saute for 2 min on medium to low heat.
- Cover the lid. Cook the chicken on medium to low flame till it is cooked. Stir in between.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander.
“Spoons Of Flavor”