Tomato Cinnamon Chicken is a unique, flavorful chicken recipe. It has a distinct flavor. Tomato and
cinnamon are the main ingredients in this dish. Here chicken is marinated with tomato puree,
cinnamon powder, ginger n garlic paste, Kashmiri red chili powder, oil, and salt. Then the chicken has to rest for 6-7 hrs in the refrigerator. Here are the ingredients which I have used to make this awesome, flavorful recipe. cinnamon powder, ginger n garlic paste, Kashmiri red chili powder, oil, and salt. Then the chicken has to rest for 6-7 hrs in the refrigerator. Here are the ingredients which I have used to make this awesome, flavorful recipe.
- 500 gm chicken with bone/boneless
- 10-11 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- Chopped onion ( 2 big sizes )
- 2 tbsp ginger n garlic paste
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cinnamon sticks ( 3-inch size approx )
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Kasuri methi
- Salt to taste
Some more nonveg curries you may also like
- Take the chicken in a bowl. Add 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp ginger n garlic paste, 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder, 7-8 tbsp tomato puree, 1 tbsp cinnamon powder, and 1 tbsp oil. Mix properly. Then keep it in the fridge for 7-8 hrs.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Add chopped onion and cinnamon sticks. Fry till the onion becomes golden brown.
- Then add 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder. Fry for some seconds.
- Now add 1 tbsp ginger n garlic paste. Fry for 2-3 min.
- Add 3-4 tbsp tomato puree, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp coriander powder, and 1/2 tsp Kasuri methi. Then fry till oil separates.
- Now add the marinated chicken pieces to the masala and fry for 2 min on medium flame. Then cover the lid and cook the chicken in low flame.
- Check in between. So that it doesn’t get burnt.
- It ‘ll take around 15 to 20 min to cool completely. Now you can add a little bit of warm water if you want. But I have not added.
- Add 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder. Mix well. Turn off the flame and cover the lid. Let it be there for another 5 min or so.
- Here it is done. Tomato cinnamon chicken is ready to serve. This recipe will go well both with rice or roti/paratha.
Watch this to know how did I make this recipe.